Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Science Mini-Lesson

http://www.enature.com/home/

My mini-lesson would be used to introduce my “Georgia Habitats” Unit. I would pull up the website I have listed and then type in my zip code to find animals that live in my area. I would model for the students what I would like them to do when we go to the computer lab (they will be doing their own research). I will then look at a few animals (about 3) and we may listen to the sound they make and read information about them (doing all of this on the smart board). We will then go to the computer lab, the students will have a sheet ready with a spot for them to put three organims (bird, mammal, tree, etc.)—each spot will ask questions that they will answer. For example, it will say “What is the organism you chose? What is its habitat?” By doing this exercise, students will develop a better understanding of what a habitat is which will lead into our unit on the habitats of Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment