Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My First Day of Practicum

My first day of practicum was very exciting! My class is composed of 14 students, 9 girls and 5 boys. The kids love to talk! My teacher is both caring and firm at the same time. She has been very helpful and accomodating in my time I've been with her. I found it very interesting that the new reading curriculum adopted by the school now entwines science and social studies into it's lessons. The reading lesson I observed yesterday was themed, "What is Light?" The students even have science vocabulary from their reading lesson! During science time, the students learned about Reptiles. My teacher used the SmartBoard to show a powerpoint which shared all sorts of facts about reptiles. The students really enjoyed it; they especially loved the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment